Best Romantic Things To Do In Maui – Maui is one of the most romantic places in the world, with soft beaches, stunning sunsets and beautiful scenery everywhere you look. I mean, it’s really hard not to feel the romance in Maui. There’s just something about this place that makes you want to share it with your loved one. Maui exudes romance. Sometimes it’s a lot of fun to plan a “romantic thing” on the island; Other times, special Maui moments come to you in unexpected ways. If you need some inspiration, here are my recommendations for romantic things to do in Maui!
Note: This blog was updated in 2022. in February, but due to the impact of COVID-19, some of the businesses and activities featured on the blog may change their operations. Conditions are constantly changing during this pandemic, so please contact these locations directly to check the status and hours of operation. Mahalo!
Best Romantic Things To Do In Maui
• Tropical Sunset: I know, I know… Of course! Of course, one of the most romantic things to do in Maui is to share a tropical sunset. But you need to know the best places to visit. If you’re on the west or south coast of Maui, or at a high elevation with a panoramic view (such as the summit of Mount Haleakala), you can see the sun sink into the ocean (or duck behind a nearby island) from several places. ). For example, you can’t see the sunset from central Maui (blocked by the mountains of West Maui) or from Hana on the east side of Maui. But in South and West Maui, you can watch the sunset outside any time of the year. Every sunset is different. Some are whisper-soft and gently paint the sky with pinks and purples. Others burn in the sky in gold and red. Either way, Maui’s tropical sunsets are spectacular and, yes, incredibly romantic.
Wailea Things To Do
Warning: In general, alcohol is not allowed on Maui beaches, so if you’re dreaming of a sunset, replace the sunset spot with wine, champagne, or something else. one of the island’s many restaurants or resorts with stunning ocean views. Or consider a sunset cruise! Don’t dive into the sand or blow the bubbles or your sunset experience will be ruined by a hefty fine. It’s not very romantic.
• Green Flashes: No discussion of Maui sunsets is complete without a green flash warning. This is a rare phenomenon that occurs only in the evening when there are no clouds, fog or other obstacles. The moment the sun sets, the last rays of the sun disappear from the ocean, and a bright emerald green “spark” shines on the horizon. It should take no more than a second. Just in the blink of an eye. So don’t blink. I’m not kidding. You will be missed. Green flashes are rare and unpredictable. Even when the conditions seem right to go green, sometimes they are, but often they aren’t. So if the horizon is clear and you can see the sunset, go for it. A green glow is something to cherish if you’re lucky, especially with that special someone!
• The End of the Rainbow: Have you ever wondered what’s at the end of the rainbow? Here’s your chance to find out. Maui’s tropical rains often create huge rainbows that are completely visible from one colorful end to the other. Choose the tip of the rainbow and follow it. You might not see a golf pot, but you’ll find adventure and maybe a little romance just off the course.
• Beach: Honestly, what could be more romantic than walking barefoot on the beach with your loved one? Is Isai more useful? The beach is one of the most romantic places on Maui, and the island has thirty miles of beaches. Beaches are scattered all around you and all are open to the public – there are no private beaches in Maui. So take her hand and go out and sink your toes in the sand.
Romantic Things To Do In Vancouver, B.c
• Sunrise at Haleakala: For early risers (and I mean really, really early), an early morning drive up the mountain to catch the sunrise from Haleakala can be an unforgettable and romantic experience. However, be sure to make a reservation in advance (yes, you need a reservation to enter the park at sunrise), check the weather in advance, and wear something warmer (or bring a blanket). Very cold above the clouds at dawn! Read about sunrises at Haleakala here.
• Private Picnic for Two: If you’re looking for a unique and intimate experience with your partner, Maui Luxe Picnics are the perfect choice. Maui Luxe Picnics offers luxury boutique-style picnics in some of Maui’s quietest spots. The luxury Picnic for Two service includes designer rugs, plush cushions, romantic candlelight, flower-bedecked picnic tables and a luxurious paddock for two. Ali’i Kula Lavender Ranch, Wailea Beach Resort, and private waterfalls are just a few highlights. It’s not just a trip, it’s an experience!
• Activities for Two: Maui has many romantic activities for active couples to enjoy together. What catches your eye? Walk along coastal paths, mountain peaks or bamboo forests. A sunset cruise or private yacht cruise for a wedding or just the two of you. (On the “Ask Any Questions” private sunset cruise!) Side zip. Lua. Or play golf at one of Maui’s popular golf courses.
• Romance Services and Amenities: Sometimes the romance of Maui can be found right at your residence. Check if your accommodation offers any special romantic services. Spa treatments for couples (sometimes offered on the beach or in your room); Romantic in-room amenities (like champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries) or private room amenities like a candle-lit bubble bath. If your Maui home or villa doesn’t have a spa, treat yourself to a couples massage when they visit you, or visit Maui’s best massage parlors in Lahaina or Kihei! Montage Kapalua Bay’s seasonal Champagne Hale pop-up lounge, located on the water at the intimate Cliff House, is a very romantic way to spend an evening. This is a magical place to sip champagne at sunset! Check out my Maui For Foodies blog for more information.
Romantic Things To Do In Kauai For A Hawaii Honeymoon
• Photo Session: Capturing your love in the beautiful Maui is something you’ll cherish for years to come! Whether you’re vacationing in Maui with your loved one or celebrating a special occasion like an engagement, anniversary, birthday, or honeymoon, capture the memories with professional photography. With a candid photography style and five years of personal experience in Maui, Coconut Creative HI knows where to go and how to make a real smile.
• Road to the Wall: Rich in scenic views, picturesque waterfalls (some with swimming holes), tropical plants, jungles, and scenic picnic spots, this day-long tour exudes romance as you explore each of its 617 curves. relax enjoy the beauty. Stop on your way. Or entrust the driving to an experienced tour company and just focus on the beautiful scenery and each other. For more on the road to Hana, read the Top 10 Things to Do in Maui.
• STAR MOON: Catch an outdoor performance or watch a movie under the stars at the annual Maui Film Festival in Wailea every June. Explore the stars in the night sky with The Stars Tour rooftop astronomy program at Hyatt Regency Kaanapali. Or share a unique sunset and star program at the summit of Haleakala (pictured). Truly unforgettable and romantic to share together!
(Note: We recognize and respect the importance of Okinaandkahako in Hawaiian; however, we have removed these diacritics from our website to align with the more common orthography used in online searches.)
Best Free Things To Do On Maui, Hawaii
© Copyright 2015 – Current Maui Accommodation Guide. If you wish to share content from our site, you may do so only by posting a link to our original content with full and clear credit. Any unauthorized use or reproduction of any material (text, images) on this website without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. For permission to use quotes or images from our site, please contact the publisher. Mahalo! Double check what’s open before your flight and follow local guidelines to stay safe. We also use affiliate links. If you buy through them, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
When it comes to romantic things to do in Maui for couples, it’s often the little things that light the biggest fires.